This position is tasked with inspecting, servicing, testing, repairing, and installing all types of fire extinguishers and pre-engineered kitchen suppression systems. Includes recharging and hydrostatic testing of high and low-pressure extinguishers and pre-engineered kitchen suppression tanks. Maintaining the extinguisher service shop and equipment. Exit and emergency light inspection, service, testing, and installation.
Casselberry/Orlando Area, FL
- Maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance.
- Communicate well with the client.
- Maintain a good working relationship with AHJ’s.
- Provide an aggressive and proactive approach to satisfy client needs.
- Have good follow up and time management skills.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Have a good working knowledge of all tools, equipment, and materials necessary to successfully complete the task at hand.
- Assist with design, layout, field surveys, and client meetings as needed to secure a bid when requested by management.
- Understand and apply all applicable Florida Statutes 69A-21 and 633.
- Understand and apply NFPA-10, NFPA-12, NFPA-12A, NFPA-17, NFPA-17A, NFPA-96, NFPA-2001. •
- Understand and apply all applicable DOT codes and regulations.
- Inspect, service, test, repair, and install all types of fire extinguishers and pre-engineered kitchen suppression systems.
- Recharge and hydrostatic test high and low-pressure extinguishers and pre-engineered kitchen suppression tanks.
- Inspect, service, test, and install exit and emergency lights.
- Maintain and clean the extinguisher service shop, keep a safe working environment.
- Have the ability to use an iPad and company cell phone.
- Have the ability to complete all work related paperwork electronically using an iPad.
- Have the ability to learn and use (Service Trade) before the 90 day probation period.
- Have the ability to interpret shop and contract drawings regarding the scope of work.
- Responsible for ensuring that the procurement of material, equipment, and supplies from project managers is accurate, in order to complete all projects timely and accurately.
- Complete project related paperwork.
- Timely communications to the supervisor for any project related issues or improvements.
- Review daily work orders for accuracy.
- Perform service department duties when required.
- Perform all tasks on service repairs, deficiencies, and required tests and inspections.
- Assist clients and other technicians in after hour emergency or service based calls.
- Have the ability to work long hours when necessary.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and use 4, 6, and 12-foot ladders when needed.
- Learn and apply DynaFire Mission Statement and 8 Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid Florida state fire extinguisher permit.
- Valid Florida state pre-engineered permit.
- Fluent with fire extinguisher types, classifications, sizes, ratings, service and repair practices, and job requirement specifications.
- A minimum of two years hands-on experience in fire extinguisher and pre-engineered kitchen suppression inspections, recharging, and hydrostatic testing.
- Proficient in DynaFire office hardware and software tools. (Service Trade) A Must*