Responsible for performing service calls, including, but not limited to, the installation of DynaNet, troubleshooting, and maintenance of fire alarm systems. The Alarm Service Helper is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by DynaFire while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
Tampa Bay Area, FL
- Responds to clients' service related issues promptly and must have the ability to effectively deal with clients, some that will require high levels of patience.
- Maintain the ability to effectively communicate the needs required to complete DynaFire's scope of work to all parties responsible for portions affecting the timely completion of that scope.
- Assist the DynaFire's Sales and Estimating staff with information leading to additional sales, change order opportunities and DynaNet sales.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, the mobilization, wiring, device trim, final hookup, troubleshooting, testing, and final inspection of fire alarm equipment for new jobs.
- To operate, test, troubleshoot, and program fire alarm systems and generate documentation required to meet all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Assist and report to the lead technician with daily activities.
- Follow all DynaFire's policies and procedures.
- Interface with DynaFire Engineering Department to create accurate documentation.
- The employee will be accountable for clocking in and out of Exak Time for payroll.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, work orders, schematics, blueprints, and specifications.
- Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Tone Generator, and Battery Tester.
- Acquire and maintain required tools on tool list.
- Consistently analyze and update tools to maintain efficiency and examine and recommend the use and purchase of labor saving devices.
- Have a working knowledge of construction tools including, but not limited to, Step ladders, extension ladders, Scissor lifts, hand tools, power tools, cordless tools, Powder actuated tools, cutting tools, Wire pulling devices and Fastening systems.
- To maintain a good driving record and be well groomed.
- Full compliance with DynaFire and client's safety program.
- The Fire Alarm Service Helper shall possess a two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- A working knowledge of computers and communications systems is required.
- You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft, Google, and Apple products.
- You must have a means of communicating via ISP for VPN connection.