Responsible for the overall success of construction projects for fire alarm, security, and voice and data systems. Success is defined as profitable while meeting all construction schedule dates and producing a quality product/service by managing DynaFire personnel responsible for the construction of the project. Able to analyze a project and take it from planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing.More...
Pompano Beach Area, FL
- Maximize the profitability of projects assigned, including following the policy/procedure of how to invoice for a projects' materials and equipment. Must also apply labor resources in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure DynaFire is never the reason that the certificate of occupancy does not pass the first time.
- Programming of the fire alarm system and any other systems on a project. PM can assign the programming to another person or department, but the PM is ultimately responsible.
- Design of the fire alarm system and any other systems on a project, which means the PM must approve or reject a project coming from sales. Each project requires a meeting with the sales representative at the time of hand-off from sales to operations.
- Secure and maintain Tech Handbook assigned for each project.
- Effectively communicate the needs required to complete DynaFire's scope of work to all parties impacting the project. This includes DynaFire foreman, installers, clients, and client's clients.
- Promptly communicates with the client any issues related to the project.
- Responsible for the mobilization, wiring, trimming, final connections, programming, pretesting, trouble shooting, final testing, and providing final documentation to complete the delivery of a system.
- Assist sales in writing RFI's and change orders.
- The ability to effectively hand and computer program fire alarm panels. This includes updating and maintaining all necessary licenses required to program systems.
- Guiding and instructing DynaFire personnel on the proper application of product to comply with all applicable industry codes and standards, including local jurisdiction requirements.
- Assist Engineering department in creating accurate documentation when called upon.
- Attend project meetings when needed by sales or client.
- Trains and instructs the installation workforce and peers as needed.
- Trains and instructs client on the proper use of the equipment.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, shop and contract drawings, and specifications.
- Must be able to operate Volt and Ohm meter, oscilloscope, multimeter, tone generator, and batter tester.
- Responsible for maintaining and delivering specialty construction tools for the project foreman.
- Acquire and maintain required tools on the tool list.
- Responsible for tracking labor, material, equipment, punch lists, and RFI's.
- Full compliance with DynaFire's and client's safety programs.
- Providing necessary reports as needed by management.
- Have a working knowledge of construction tools, including lifts and wire pulling devices.
- Acquire, install, and program DynaNet radios as needed for projects. Also requires providing all the necessary information to the DynaNet Network Manager to create an account.
- Obtain NICET Level II within 12 months.
- Obtain NICET Level III within 24 months.
- Obtain NICET Level IV within 36 months.
- Obtain and maintain all Notifier Onyx Series certifications within 18 months.
- Participate in required DynaFire sponsored training.
- Learn and implement the five project management process groups.