Responsible for the success of wiring construction projects for fire alarm, security, and voice/data systems. Success is defined as profitable while meeting all construction schedule dates and being part of producing a quality product/service by managing DynaFire personnel from the Installation labor pool.
Brevard County Area, FL
Clearwater Area, FL
Daytona Beach Area, FL
- Read blueprints of low voltage systems and how they relate to the layout of a building.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, floors, etc.
- Pull cable by feeding cables through access holes, roof spaces, wall cavities, conduit, j-hooks, bridle rings, etc.
- Mount and fasten control panels.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors by following wiring and system specifications.
- May be required to assist in the inspection of installation sites, study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures under the supervision of a project manager.
- Acquire and maintain the required tools on the tool list.
- Learn to use fish tape, ohmmeters, power drills, and screwdrivers.
- Meet installation deadlines as described by the project manager.
- Accurate daily tracking of time via ExakTime for self and for the crews working on projects.
- Full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program and policies.
- Full compliance of DynaFire’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by DynaFire
- May be some out of town travel required.
- Able to direct personnel from the Installation labor pool to assure an efficient and profitable installation of wire and materials. Effectively manage 1 to 5 personnel per crew. Manage multiple crews for multiple projects.
- Communicate effectively with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Planning the most efficient manner to install the wiring for a system.
- Effectively teach the proper installation of cabling per manufacturer and applicable codes.
- Provide project managers with forecasting reports of labor usage and planned usage for projects.
- Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string it through conduits running through trenches.
- Attain NICET Level II within 12 months.
- Participate in required DynaFire sponsored training.
- May be requested to share in serving as a trainer in the DynaFire sponsored training.
- Consider going to manufacturing training to become certified in a DynaFire low voltage system.
- Be proficient at working with a laptop or iPad.