Position is part of the installation pool to support the construction of fire alarm, security, access control, voice/data, and any other low voltage systems that DynaFire provides their clients.
Clearwater Area, FL
- Read blueprints of low voltage systems and how related to the layout of a building.
- Install the components that make up the low voltage systems such as smoke detectors, pull stations, video cameras, door contacts, etc.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, floors, etc.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, wall cavities, conduit, j-hooks, bridle rings, etc.
- Adjust sensitivity of devices or set addresses of devices.
- Mount and fasten control panels.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors by following wiring and system specifications.
- May be required to inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures under the supervision of a project manager or foreman.
- Test batteries, keypad and annunciator programming, notification appliances, and security features in order to ensure proper functioning and diagnose malfunctions under the supervision of a project manager or foreman.
- Acquire and maintain the required tools on the tool list.
- Learn to use fish tape, ohmmeters, power drills, and screwdrivers.
- Meet installation deadlines as described by the project manager or foreman.
- Accurate daily tracking of time via ExakTime.
- Full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program and policies.
- Full compliance of DynaFire’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by DynaFire.
- May be some out of town travel required.
- Learning to hand program low voltage systems.
- Able to direct other installers if requested by project manager or foreman.
- Communicate effectively with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ).
- At least 5 years of installation experience in the fire alarm industry.
- Be NICET Level I certified and maintain certification. Attain NICET Level II within 12 months.
- Participate in required DynaFire sponsored training.
- May be requested to share in serving as a trainer in the DynaFire sponsored training.
- Consider going to manufacturing training to become certified in a DynaFire low voltage system.