Performs service calls including, but not limited to, troubleshooting and maintenance of fire sprinkler service systems. The Fire Sprinkler Service Inspector is also responsible for conducting fire sprinkler inspections per NFPA 25 and NFPA 72 (when applicable) for all of DynaFire’s clients and national accounts.
Casselberry/Orlando Area, FL
Jacksonville Area, FL
- Perform fire sprinkler inspections and services to a wide range of clients with various applications of fire protection systems.
- Complete all tasks listed on service repairs, deficiency, and installation work orders.
- Schedule service and inspections with clients.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with AHJ's.
- Interpret shop and contract drawings regarding scope of work.
- Communicate the needs required for the scope of work to be completed on schedule.
- Understand and apply NFPA 13, 14, 20, 24, and 25.
- File electronic copies of completed paperwork.
- Utilize time management skills.
- Answer after hour service calls when scheduled.
- Inform management of any job related issues or concerns.
- Assist staff with design, layout, field surveys, and client meetings as needed to secure a bid.
- Provide Service Sales Representatives (SSR) with information regarding sales leads, change order opportunities, and Fire Sprinkler sales.
- Learn to perform basic troubleshooting on fire alarms such as silencing beeping panels.
- Comply with all DynaFire policies and procedures.
- Acquire and maintain required equipment on the tool list.
- Follow DynaFire's safety procedures in addition to the client's safety program.
- Safely operate construction equipment including, but not limited to, step ladders, extension ladders, scissor lifts, hand tools, power tools, cutting tools, powder actuated tools, wire pulling devices, and fastening systems.
- Participate in training classes to grow professionally and increase one's knowledge of the industry.
- Learn and apply DynaFire mission statement and Core Values.
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in fire sprinkler service
- FASA certification
- Backflow certification
- NICET Level II or the equivalent in water based systems
- Proficient in office hardware and software tools used by DynaFire
- Fluent in back-flow, wet system, dry system, fire pump, fire pump controller, and alarm device terminology as well as troubleshooting procedures