Responsible for performing service calls including, but not limited to, the installation of DynaNet, troubleshooting, and maintenance of fire alarm systems. The Alarm Service Technician is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum downtime and maximum performance. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by DynaFire while ensuring a professional and safe working environment.
Jacksonville Area, FL
- Responds to client's service related issues promptly and must have the ability to deal effectively with clients needs.
- Maintain the ability to effectively communicate the needs required to complete DynaFire's scope of work to all parties responsible for portions effecting the timely completion of that scope.
- Assist the DynaFire's Sales and Estimating staff with information leading to additional sales, change order opportunities and DynaNet sales.
- Responsible for, but not limited to the mobilization, wiring, device trim, final hookup, troubleshooting, testing, and final inspection of fire alarm equipment for new jobs.
- To operate, test, trouble shot, program fire alarm systems and documentation required to meet all applicable industry codes and standards.
- The ability to effectively hand and computer program fire alarm panels commonly installed by DynaFire.
- Follow all DynaFire policies and procedures.
- Interface with the Engineering department to create accurate documentation.
- Responsible for handling warranty service calls on an as needed basis.
- Trains and instructs Crew Members and peers as needed.
- Trains and instructs the client on the proper use of the equipment.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and specifications.
- Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Tone Generator, and Battery Tester.
- Acquire and maintain required tools on tool list.
- Have a working knowledge of construction tools including but not limited to Step ladders, extension ladders, Scissor lifts, hand tools, power tools cordless tools, Powder actuated tools, cutting tools, Wire pulling devices and Fastening systems.
- To maintain a good driving record and be well groomed.
- Full compliance with DynaFire's and customer's safety program.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Obtain a NICET level II within one year of becoming a Fire Alarm Systems Technician.
- Regularly attend and participate in training classes or programs to increase one's knowledge and help train others.
- Other duties as required or assigned by DynaFire's management.
- Will have the responsibility of properly caring for and maintain a laptop computer.
- Is responsible for properly updating and maintaining reports as required by management.
- Possess a 2-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and communications systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have means of communicating via ISP for VPN connection.
- NICET Level II