Engineer and create shop drawings for fire alarm, security, and any other electronic-based systems to meet the scope of work sold by the sales department by interpreting contract drawings, specifications, construction hand-off documents from sales, Florida Fire Prevention Codes/Statutes, and any project meetings.
Casselberry/Orlando Area, FL
- Maintain files in any shared project folders.
- Create submittal packages of designed systems utilizing manufacturer's data sheets.
- Coordinate with company personnel, engineer of records, or clients to obtain CAD files to be used for the production of shop drawings.
- Create shop drawings for permit using AutoCAD for fire alarm, security, access control, area of rescue, and/or CCTV systems. Must be able to either to create shop drawings from bid drawings or design build systems.
- Create OEM manuals and coordinate delivery to the client if requested. Either electronically or hard copy.
- Archive all documentation on finalized projects.
- Create as-builts drawings based on field personnel direction.
- Attend project meetings when requested whether internal or off-site.
- Provide technical support to field personnel and clients.
- Coordinate with project managers about project details.
- Be able to review any and all codes related to a project. Must be able to interpret these codes and apply them when necessary.
- Coordinate with the permit technician to ensure the smooth delivery of permit packages to the authority having jurisdiction for approval.
- Proficient in AutoCAD software to ensure efficient and accurate production of shop drawings and as-builts, along with Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Minimum of NICET Level II in Fire Alarm with a preference for NICET IV
- Good communication skills, analytic skills, and understanding Florida Fire Prevention Code, NFPA 72, NFPA 101, Florida Building Code, & NFPA 70.