The Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection activities of the company for both service and installation. The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented Collections Department.
Casselberry/Orlando Area, FL
- Make daily collection calls on assigned customer portfolio and report on collection activity and updated software with current notes related to accounts receivable status.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the client, and then executing their plan to bring in the maximum amount of revenue.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Interact with clients to resolve outstanding issues.
- Carry out collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Review customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with clients while looking for ways to improve efficiencies and maximize receivables.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the collections team and other departments.
- Assist in researching payment discrepancies as needed.
- Assist in reviewing and/or distributing AR group email correspondence.
- Send statements and invoices to outstanding clients as needed.
- Attend meetings with management to review the status of collection accounts.
- Required to complete bi-monthly review.
- Possess very strong skills in organization, and be able to prioritize tasks and choose the most important duties to complete first.
- Possess good knowledge of office procedures and administration.
- Possess proficiency in computer software related to accounts receivable and collections.
- Possess excellent attention to details and must be able to perform tasks accurately.
- Possess excellent communication skills, on phone, in written and verbal forms.
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite.